Brickyard Physiotherapy utilizes the latest shockwave technologies with the most advanced radial shockwave device, the STORZ MASTERPULS ultra.
Shockwave Therapy can be used to treat a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions, in particular, those involving areas where major connective tissue attaches to bone. Common sites that can be successfully treated are:
- Plantar Fasciitis, heel spurs & Achilles tendonitis
- Patellar tendonitis, jumper’s knee & shin pain
- Tennis or golfer’s elbow
- Rotator cuff tendonitis & calcification (Shoulder)
- Trochanteric bursitis (Hip)
- Trigger points in muscles
- Stress fractures/Shin Splints, non union’s (delayed bone healing)
- Morton’s Neuroma (Nerve)
What is the success rate?
After only 2-3 sessions, over 80% of patients report a significant reduction in pain.
- 90% improvement for plantar fasciitis (Journal of Orthopedic Research, 2005)
- 91% improvement for calcific tendonitis (Journal of American Medical Association, 2003)
- 77% improvement for tennis elbow (Journal of Orthopedics, 2005)
Is Shockwave Therapy for me?
- An initial assessment must be done and if your condition is appropriate you will be treated with SWT.
- Shockwave Therapy is used when all other treatments have been exhausted.
- It is for a chronic injury that has persisted more than 3 months.
- It is most effective for conditions resulting from connective tissue attachments to bone. See the list above.
- It is usually booked as 3 – 5 treatments 1X/ week for 3 – 5 weeks.
- Costs can be found on our rates page.
For more information contact one of our expert physiotherapists.